Servings: 4 / Prep time: 10 mins / Cook time: 20 mins
- 2 whole rainbow trout, cleaned, boned, and butterflied
- 6 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 1 jar Mölli Veracruz cooking sauce
- 1-in piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 tsps soy sauce
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- Cilantro springs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix mushrooms, Veracruz sauce, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil; coat with nonstick spray. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Open fish like a book and arrange, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle mixture over fish, then top with cilantro springs. Bake uncovered until fish is opaque in center, about 20 minutes. Serve baked trout with a side of farro salad or quinoa. Provecho!