Servings: 6-8 / Prep time: 5 min / Cook time: 6-8 hrs
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jar Molli Oaxaca Marinade
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 lbs pork shoulder, net removed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Place the onions in an even layer in the slow cooker. Mix Molli Oaxaca marinade and salt in a bowl. Rub the Oaxaca mixture all over the pork.
- Place pork on top of the onions. Cover and cook until the pork is fork tender, about 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the pork to a cutting board. Set a fine mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl. Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker through the strainer and return the solids to the slow cooker. Set the strained liquid aside.
- If the pork has a bone, remove and discard it. Using two forks, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker.
- Use a spoon to skim and discard the fat from the surface of the strained cooking liquid, and then add 1/4 cup of the liquid at a time to the slow cooker until the pork is just moistened. Taste and season with salt as needed. Serve on hamburger buns or tortillas. Provecho!