Servings: 10 / Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 8 hrs
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- ½ jar Molli Mexico City Cooking Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Rinse white beans well, cover with cool water, and soak for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and Molli Mexico City sauce; and saute for 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and transfer to the slow cooker. Add Mexico City mixture and chicken broth to slow cooker. Cover the pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. When the beans are soft but still a little more firm than you’d like, around 6 hours into the cooking, add the salt (about 2 teaspoons) and continue cooking until done.
- Serve white beans with a side of crusty bread or over a bed of white rice. You can also cool and store them in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Provecho!