Servings: 4 / Prep time: 20 mins / Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 whole rabbit (2 1/2 to 3 lbs), cut into 9 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 jar Mölli Veracruz cooking sauce
- 2 leeks, finely diced
- 6 fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Season rabbit pieces with salt and pepper, then dust lightly with flour. Brown rabbit for about 3 minutes on both sides, working in batches. Drain on kitchen towels, then transfer to a baking dish in one layer.
- Pour off the used oil, wipe out the pan and add remaining tbsp of olive oil. Heat to medium-high, add the leek and mushrooms. Season generously with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring.
- Add Veracruz cooking sauce and wine, and let the mixture reduce for 1 minute. Add the broth, bring to a simmer, and season to taste.
- Ladle the mixture evenly over the rabbit. Cover the dish, and bake for 1 hour. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Provecho!