Servings: 6 / Prep time: 10 min / Cook time: 10 min
- 1 whole roasted chicken, shredded
- Juices from roasted chicken
- 1 jars Molli Veracruz Cooking Sauce
- Salt to taste
To Serve (quantities as desired):
- Corn tostadas, store bought or home made
- Refried beans
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Queso fresco or cotija, crumbled
- Avocado slices
- Place shredded chicken in a medium saucepan and combine it with the Veracruz sauce and reserved juices from chicken. Cook, over medium heat, until the chicken is moist but not juicy, about 10 minutes.
- Serve in tostadas or tacos.
- To assemble the Tostadas: Spread refried beans on a tostada, add the chicken tinga mixture, top with shredded lettuce, avocado slices, crumbled cheese and some cream. You may also serve with salsa verde on the side. Provecho!