Servings: 4 / Prep time: 25 mins / Cook time: 5 mins
- 2 cans White albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 jar Mölli Veracruz cooking sauce
- 2 tsp Capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 4 medium poblano peppers, seeded and cored (leave whole)
- 1 large avocado
- 4 oz-container Sour cream
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt to taste
- Char poblano chilies over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel chilies. Using small sharp knife, carefully slit chilies open along 1 side. Remove seeds, leaving stems attached.
- Place Veracruz cooking sauce in a large saute pan and turn heat to medium. Add capers and tuna, and toss until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fill chilies with tuna mixture, dividing equally. Pull up sides of chilies to enclose filling. Place stuffed chilies on a serving plate. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Avocado Cream Sauce: Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh into a food processor and add the cream, lime juice and a big pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, spoon some of the avocado sauce on each plate, top with the tuna-stuffed poblano peppers and garnish with minced cilantro. Provecho!