Mexican Tuna Salad Tostadas are a healthy and delicious summer meal. A Tostada is a flat corn tortilla that is deep-fried or toasted and can be found at Hispanic grocery stores. If you can’t find them, here’s how:
- To fry them, add a thin layer of oil to a skillet (1/4″ is fine) and bring up the oil temp to around 360F. Use tongs to gently add a corn tortilla to the oil. It’ll need around 30 seconds per side to crisp up, but the exact frying time will depend on how thick the tortilla is.
- To bake them, preheat oven to 350F. Add a layer of corn tortillas to a baking sheet and give each side a thin layer of oil. We usually spray them with an olive oil sprayer but you can just as easily rub some oil on them using your fingers. Bake for 4-6 minutes per side until crisp.
Mexican Tuna Salad Tostadas
Course: Main Course, Salad, Side Dish
Cuisine: American, Mexican
Servings: 4 people
- 4 5-oz cans Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 bunch radishes diced
- 2 to matoes diced
- 2 large limes juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado for serving (optional)
- Molli Roasted Habanero Taqueria Hot Sauce Merida
- 8 to stadas
In a large bowl, add the tuna, radishes, onion, and tomatoes.
Add lime juice and, olive oil. Toss with tuna and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with diced or mashed avocado on tostada shells and top with a few drop of Molli Roasted Habanero Taqueria Hot Sauce. Provecho!