CHICKEN TINGA SIMMER SAUCE
(FORMERLY VERACRUZ COOKING SAUCE)
Local cuisine in the port city of Veracruz is a tasty blend of indigenous ingredients with Spanish influence. Veracruz’s chicken tinga is a versatile dish made with shredded chicken in a tomato, Morita pepper, green olives, and diced onion sauce. Our widely loved Chicken Tinga simmer sauce is a vibrant blend of red-ripened tomatoes, Morita chile peppers, and green olives that add a “sweet heat” to just about anything.
Chicken Tinga is a full-flavored crowd pleaser!
Easy Chicken Tinga Tacos Recipe:
- Shred or dice 1 ½ lbs of cooked chicken breast
- Place chicken in a large skillet.
- Stir in Veracruz sauce into skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with warm tortillas, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro.
Find nutrition facts and a full list of ingredients here.