Stuffed portobello mushrooms with stewed okra
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Stewed Okra
Course: Main Course, Side Dish
Cuisine: American, Mexican
Servings: 4 people
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups okra pods trimmed (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 16oz jar Molli Morelos cooking sauce
- 4 medium about 1 pound portobello mushrooms, with caps
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or as needed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add okra and saute for 1 minute. Add water and Molli Morelos cooking sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove the stems from the mushrooms and wipe the caps clean.
Lightly oil a baking pan with some of the olive oil. Rub the remaining oil into the tops of the caps. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
Place the caps, gill side up, on the baking pan. Roast for 10 minutes. Turn and roast until the mushrooms are tender and well browned, about 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and fill the mushrooms with stewed okra. Provecho!