Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup – When you don’t have time to make your soup totally from scratch, this is a very easy, very tasty alternative.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 8 cups or 2 packs of 32oz chicken bone broth
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons sliced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottle Molli Morelia Taqueria Hot Sauce with ancho and arbol chiles
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until soft and slightly translucid, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, chives, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Serve and add a few drops of Molli Morelia taqueria hot sauce to add a smoky and slightly spicy touch to your soup. Provecho!