Local cuisine in the port city of Veracruz, is a tasty blend of indigenous ingredients with Spanish influence. This widely loved Chicken Tinga sauce is a vibrant blend of red-ripened tomatoes, Morita chile peppers, and Spanish green olives that add a “sweet heat” to shredded chicken. Chicken Tinga is best enjoyed in tacos or tostadas, but you can always eat it with a side of salad or rice.
Easy Chicken Tinga Tacos
- Shred or dice 1 ½ lb of cooked chicken breast
- Place chicken in a large skillet.
- Stir in Veracruz sauce into the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with warm tortillas, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro.