Servings: 4-6 / Prep time: 10 min / Cook time: 20 min / Marinate: 1 hr or overnight
These Mexican chicken fajitas are served with grilled onions, jalapeños and cactus (nopal) in a warm corn tortilla. Yucatan marinade is a sweet and tangy marinade that will transform a simple grilled chicken into an amazing dish.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 jar Molli Yucatan Mojo marinade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 9-12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cactus (nopal), sliced
- Place chicken in a nonreactive container and cover with Molli Yucatan Mojo marinade. Cover container tightly and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat skillet over high heat.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade. Cook on skillet for 5-7 min on each side, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
- Add onions and jalapeño to skillet next to the chicken, cook until onions are soft.
- Remove chicken and let stand, covered.
- Add cactus to skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Slice chicken in ½ inch strips. Slice cactus.
- Serve the chicken fajitas in warmed tortillas with the garnishing on top. Provecho!