Servings: 4 / Prep time: 10 min / Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup high quality olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Add either 3 tbsp of Molli Acapulco Marinade or Molli Oaxaca Marinade
- Salt to taste.
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes sliced lengthwise into 1/2″ thick wedges
- 2 Sweet Potatoes sliced lengthwise into 1/2″ thick wedges
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Spanish smoked paprika (preferably hot or a 1/2 blend with sweet smoked)
- Garlic salt to taste
- Blend together 1 cup olive oil, egg, lime juice and Acapulco or Oaxaca marinade until creamy, about 1 minute. Pour mixture in a bowl, season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. In batches, fry potatoes and sweet potatoes over medium heat in 1/4″ of pure olive oil. Turn over as first side turns golden brown, around 3 minutes. Add additional oil if needed between batches. Place cooked pieces over a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Keep in a warm oven as you fry.
- Meanwhile, mix cumin, cocoa powder, spanish paprika and garlic salt in a bowl. When you finish frying all potatoes and sweet potatoes, season in batches by tossing wedges with 1/2 tbsp of spice mix in a metal mixing bowl until evenly and well coated. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with some of the aioli and garnish with parsley and oregano leaves. Provecho!