Beef and Bacon Cheeseburger smothered in Ancho and Arbol chile sauce
Beef and Bacon Cheeseburger smothered in Ancho and Arbol Chile sauce
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
Servings: 8 burgers
- 3 tbsp Molli Morelia Taqueria hot sauce - ancho and arbol chile peppers
- 1 ½ lb Ground beef 83%
- ½ White onion finely chopped
- 4 Bacon slices finely cut
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Red onion halved and sliced
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 8 Burger Buns
- 8 American cheese slices
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1 head Boston lettuce leaves separated, cleaned and dried
- Condiments: ketchup mayo, more Morelia Taqueria hot sauce
Preheat grill to medium-high.
In a bowl combine beef, white onion, salt, and bacon; being careful not to over mix.
Form 8 even thin patties, about ½-inch thick.
Spray onion with olive oil and place in a grilling basket. Grill onions until soft and slightly charred but not burned, around 5 mins. Place on the table as a garnish along with the lettuce, tomato, and condiments.
Grill burgers over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side (for medium). Smother the burgers with Morelia hot sauce twice on each side.
Place one cheese slice over meat and cook for 30 seconds. Serve in buns with garnishes.