Instant Pot Mexican Butternut Squash Soup
INSTANT POT MEXICAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
A simple but flavorful butternut squash soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Our recipe brings together two of our favourite cuisines: Mexican and Thai. Provecho!
Cuisine: American, Mexican, Thai
Servings: 8 people
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 jar Molli Mexico City cooking sauce
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cilantro chopped for garnish
- ½ cup pepitas pumpkin seeds, roasted
Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Add olive oil to the pot and heat until shimmering.
Add ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
Stir in Molli Mexico City cooking sauce and salt, cook for 1 minute.
Add squash, coconut milk, and stock, bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Secure the lid on Instant Pot and cook on manual for 20 minutes.
Allow natural pressure release.
Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
Scoop into bowls and garnish with a tablespoon of cilantro and a tablespoon of roasted pumpkin seeds. Provecho!