Servings: 4 / Prep time: 25 mins / Cook time: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 lb Beef NY strip steaks
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 12.0z Beer, Vienna lager style; (such as Negra Modelo, Shiner)
- 1 jar Mölli Veracruz Cooking Sauce
- 2 Medium carrots, peeled and roughly cut
- 4 New potatoes, quartered
- Sprinkle salt over steaks and tightly wrap the steaks in plastic wrap, and place in freezer for 20 minutes—just until it firms up. Remove meat from the freezer, slice against the grain as thin as you can (1/8 of an inch would be ideal), and set aside.
- Pour beef stock, Veracruz cooking sauce and beer in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until you can easily pierce potato with a fork. Add meat to sauce and cook for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer red. Serve beef and beer stew in shallow bowls with rice and mashed potatoes on the side. Provecho!