Prep time: 2 mins / Cook time: 18 mins
- 7-8 ounces chorizo, casings removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/2 jar Mölli Mexico City cooking sauce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- Saute chorizo in a large saute pan over high heat until cooked through and crispy, about 10 minutes, crumbling and stirring with a spoon constantly. Add Mexico City sauce, bring to a boil then simmer for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the chorizo is cooking, melt the butter in a separate medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Whisk in the cornstarch until combined and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the heavy cream, and whisk until combined and smooth. Add in half of the cheese, and stir until melted. Repeat with the second half of the cheese. Stir in the tomato and cooked chorizo until combined.
- Taste the queso, and season with your desired amount of salt. Serve chori-queso immediately with chips. Provecho!