Servings: 4-6 / Prep time: 5 mins / Cook time: 10-15 mins
- 1/2 lb fresh long pasta
- 1 jar Mölli Mexico City cooking sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 slices thick bacon, roughly chopped
- 6 oz ricotta (or to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup, Panela or queso fresco cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and saute until browned and crispy on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and remove 3/4 of the bacon fat from the pan. Add Mexico City sauce to pan, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta (reserving 1/3 cup of water) and add it to the Mexico City mixture pan. Mix well, then add ricotta and mix thoroughly. Add a bit of the pasta water if the mixture seems too thick. Season to taste with salt and mix again. Serve pasta and garnish with bacon, grated cheese and avocado. Provecho!