Servings: 4 / Prep time: 10 mins / Marinate: 2 hrs or overnight / Cook time: 1 hr
- 4 whole chicken legs (thighs and drums)
- 1 jar Mölli Yucatan marinade
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Place chicken legs in a large ziploc bag. Pour contents of Yucatan marinade over chicken, making sure all parts are covered by liquid. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Scoop the onions into a non-aluminum bowl. Pour boiling water over them, wait 10 seconds, then pour the onions into a strainer. Return the drained onions to the bowl, pour on the sour lime and orange juice and stir in salt. Cover and set aside until serving time. (Can be made one day ahead)
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and transfer to a large shallow heavy baking pan.
- Bake until chicken is golden and cooked through, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 10 minutes, and serve roasted chicken with pickled onions on the side. Provecho!