Servings: 6 / Prep time: 10 mins / Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mölli Mexico City cooking sauce
- 5 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a pot over medium heat until the butter melts. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Stir in carrots. Add water, Mölli Mexico City sauce and broth; bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Stir in half-and-half (if using), salt and pepper. Serve carrot soup in bowls with a side of toasted french baguette. Provecho!