Also known as Gazpacho Moreliano, this refreshing spring and summertime fruit salad is a popular street food in Morelia, Michoacan.
Servings: 4 / Prep time: 15 mins
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced (about a 1/3 or a whole pineapple)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ large jicama, diced
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 8 tbsp Molli Culiacan Chamoy Sauce
- 4 tsp Mexican-style chili powder
- Mix the pineapple, cucumber, mango, and jicama in a large glass bowl with the orange juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for at least one hour.
- Divide fruit gazpacho into 4 cups with some of the orange juice. Pour 2 tablespoons of the Culiacan Chamoy sauce over each fruit cup, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the Mexican-style chili powder. Serve and provecho!