Slow cooker chipotle turkey chili because it is a heartwarming and comforting dish for any cold night
Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Chili
8 hrs 10 mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb ground turkey white and dark combined
- 1 large red bell pepper cored deveined and coarsely chopped
- 2 Celery stalks chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper cored deveined and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 jar Molli Morelos cooking sauce
- 1 14.5- oz can diced tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 15- oz cans of black beans with liquid
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream optional
- Sliced lime for garnish optional
- Corn tortilla chips
Heat the oil over high heat in a large skillet and add the turkey. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, chopping down and stirring with the side of a heavy kitchen spoon to break up any lumps.
Place the turkey in a slow cooker, and add the bell pepper, celery, serrano pepper, oregano, bay leaves, Molli Morelos sauce, tomatoes, beans, salt, and pepper. Stir to blend well.
Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
Serve in bowls with cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges. Provecho!